We give the NYT a lot of crap here—quite justifiably—so it’s only fair to make a note of it when the Paper of Record comes through with the goods, as it does today, big time, with:
• A nice profile of perennial also-ran Colter Bean, favorite of saberites everywhere.
• A piece by Our Friend Murray on “Designated Hebrew” Ron Blomberg and the new Israel Baseball League.
• The return of Alan Schwarz to the Keeping Score column with a piece on the superiority of GPA over OPS.
• Everything you want to know about Japanese interpreters, but were afraid to ask.
• Don Larsen and Yogi, together again.
Lots of material for a lazy Sunday.