So due to two business trips, a long-needed extended vacation, and some serious work deadlines, my posting will be, at best, sporadic over the next three weeks. YF will handle the bulk of the work, and here’s hoping he’ll be posting things other than “Derek Jeter’s average just cracked .250” type-missives, though I have no doubts that he will – the site is in good hands.
My wishes during this little break?
1. Healthy returns for Nomar and Trot . The Sox are starting to show their wear the last couple of weeks, though their performance has been beyond admirable to this point.
2. Two nice outings from Derek Lowe. Actually, maybe just one. Let’s not get greedy.
3. If Lowe fails, a new third starter, and a condolence card to Scott Boras for Lowe’s efforts.
4. That someone reminds Terry Francona how good his bullpen is. He’s shown signs of starter-greed as of late. We don’t want a Grady Little redux here.
5. That David Ortiz forgets about being ignored on the All-Star ballot, shakes his slump, and gets back to hitting.
6. Lastly, some dry, sunny weather, so Mrs. SF and I can get some golf in during our vacation.