When we went to bed last night, the Red Sox were en route to Japan. When we awoke this morning, the Red Sox were still en route to Japan. It can get pretty boring on an airplane for better than half a day. Thankfully, according to one of our team sources, the Red Sox players have found ways to amuse themselves.
How do you spend a 17-hour trip without someone dying before the end?
- Duct tape Dustin Pedroia to the ceiling
- Draw a handlebar mustache on Tito while he’s sleeping
- Shave Manny’s dreadlocks, glue them to Kevin Youkilis’ head
- Admire Jonathan Papelbon’s origami mastery
- Interrupt Daisuke Matsuzaka’s and Hideki Okajima’s conversation with random shouts of, "I know, right?!?!?" even though they’re both speaking in Japanese
- Two words: Strip cribbage
- Sit next to Jason Varitek and whistle, "It’s a Small World" repeatedly until he cracks
Time sure flies when you’re in the air.