Things I learned while surfing the Web last night:
- Don’t blame the juice, unless you mean the ball.
- Never mind Engel Beltre, the Red Sox may have traded the best change-up in baseball for the post-roid shell of Eric Gagne. Never has a trade looked so good and so bad within just six months.
- Not only are the Red Sox the best team in baseball, but they’re the nicest, too!
- Carl Pavano is a menace to everyone around him.
- Joe Girardi is making sure the Yankees are as boring as ever — "each Yankee found a printed list of rules on the chair in front of his locker, 17 in all, [including] … a ban on earrings."
- Just when you think you can make a safe assumption ("this is the first time in over a decade [the Yankees] are nobody’s AL East favorite"), Baseball Prospectus blows it up.