Looking for work? YFSF sure could use a “mole” in the system, and here’s your/our opportunity. MLB has a new parternship with Monster.com to fill positions, including a sweet stringer gig that will have you tracking pitches from the Fenway and Bomber press boxes. (details after the jump).
MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking stats stringers for the 2007 season. Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from one of the 30 MLB ballparks, which provides the live data used on MLB.com in our award winning applications, including MLB.com Gameday. This is a perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who happens to be a big baseball fan.
– Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time;
– Double-check and verify all pre-game information: rosters, umpires, weather conditions, etc.;
– During the game, enter the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using our proprietary software and coding language;
– Work closely with our game-night support staff (via instant messenger) to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data;
– After the game, enter all post-game information: winning and losing pitcher, saves, holds, time and attendance
– Validate all stats in software box score against the official box score provided by the Official Scorer, and print out a final box score and game text for the club PR staff
– Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game;
– Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software;
– Regular availability to attend games in-person nights and weekends;
– A “team player” with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff;
– Professionalism. It’s a fun job and we pay people to watch baseball, but it’s also an important job and we want people who will take the responsibility seriously.