A lot of good reads out there this week:
- They wouldn’t let Tony Massarotti catch a knuckleball, but he got to play "umpire" while Kevin Cash did. Must be great being a beat writer.
- Maureen Mullen sits down with the always-surprising Manny Ramirez. Hopefully, the "idiot savant" meme can die the death it richly deserves.
- Nick Cafardo spoke to scouts watching Bartolo Colon yesterday — they say he hit, 94, sat at 92-93, and the prevailing consensus was: "Wish we’d signed him."
- Also in the Globe, Gordon Edes has a nice profile on the guy who, until yesterday, was the only real addition of any kind to the Sox club house — Sean Casey.
- And, finally, this gem from the Herald on Clay Buchholz’s new girlfriend. I’d say it puts Jeter to shame, but no one wants their dad talking about their sex life.