As the Sox and Yanks look to begin another big series in the Bronx tonight (in Brooklyn right now it is pouring, so fingers crossed), we took a quick journey around some Yanks and Sox blogs. Here are some highlights:
- Steve Lombardi at WasWatching says Phil Hughes reminds him of…Andy Benes. But in a good way.
- Larry Mahnken at Replacement Level Yanks beats the "Red Sox bid an irrational amount" for Daisuke Matsuzaka drum, with no mention of his team’s $50M acquisition.
- Rob Bradford breaks the news that Wily Mo "called his shot", failing to note that even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.
- Jay Jaffe details A-Rod’s hot start, in a nice old media article at the NY Sun.
- Last, but not least, Curt lets Gary Thorne and the doubters have it, with a wager of a million bucks.