- Jon Lester: 41.1 innings, 6.31 ERA
- Josh Beckett: 34.2 innings, 6.75 ERA
- Justin Masterson: 29 innings, 5.28 ERA
- Tim Wakefield: 40.0 innings, 2.92 ERA
- Brad Penny: 30.0 innings, 6.90 ERA
- Daisuke Matsuzaka: 6.1 innings, 12.79 ERA, DL trip.
If someone told you on April 2nd (not April 1st, nobody would believe you if you were told that day) that the above would be the performance of the Sox' starting rotation, what would you have thought their record might be? I might have pegged them at just under .500, maybe even a little worse.
We Sox fans ought to be over the moon that the team is where it is, with the performances by our rotation (and Big Papi). Onward an even further upward, we hope.