We know he reads us once in a while, so thanks to Curt Schilling, who provided no shortage of memorable moments in this Lost Season.
And congratulations to him for the following accomplishments achieved during 2006:
- 200 career wins (207, t-94th all-time)
- 3,000 career strikeouts (3,023, 14th all-time)
- 15 wins in a season, eighth time
- 200 innings pitched, ninth time
- Sub-4.00 ERA, 11th time (20-start minimum)
- Major-league leading 6.53 Ks per walk, 31st-best single season mark in major league history (Schilling’s 4.37 career mark remains second all-time).
Considering all the praise (deservedly) given to David Ortiz during the last few weeks, it’s only fitting that we tip our caps tonight to Schilling, one of the best pitchers we’ve seen to wear a Red Sox uniform, after a fine final performance of 2006.