- Forty-three baserunners, with just nine scoring.
- A quality start from Jon Lester that featured seven strikeouts in six innings — on 114 pitches.
- Five consecutive scoreless innings from the Red Sox bullpen (post-Okajima) despite allowing at least a baserunner in every inning.
- One earned run from Joba Chamberlain despite allowing 15 baserunners — or nearly three per inning.
- Exactly one half-inning in which no batters reached base (the Sox' half of the 10th).
- One error, one wild pitch, one passed ball, one balk, one intentional walk, three hit by pitches, 12 unintentional passes and 18 strikeouts.
- Jason Bay recording the only two RBI of the game to be recorded with two outs.
- And the grand total of 401 pitches, 234 for strikes.
Perhaps the best way is the following, a condensed version of the mammoth game thread here at YFSF, which totaled nearly 400 posts.
in july we'll all look back at this thread and go "nick green and cody ransom? wonder whatever happened to them."
SWEET ELLS!!! Hauling ass!
Not even through the first inning and it's already the most interesting game of the season.
getting out of that with just 1 is nice, but the pitch count is going to come back to haunt.
Lester > Chamberlain
lowell down 643dp! 2 dps for joba. nice play in the inf.
I have no qualms with comparing Michael Kay to poop.
Even on the balls Lester throws, he has great location and great movement. This Yankees lineup is so damn patient, even without ARod.
Take that, Nettles!!!!!! Mikey! He may run slow, but he reacts quick.
Drat. What a f*cking waste. Should have had one there, at least.
Handsome Cody Ransom delivers?? Inconceivable!
Okay, this whole 'not-scoring' thing is starting to get annoying.
Not a well-pitched pitching duel.
ANOTHER DP!!!!!!! after jetes botched one with a lousy toss.
Have I said before that I like this Nick Green kid?
I hate this game as much as it is possible to hate a tie game.
Lopez determined to pad the Yankees lead.
I don't know how we got out of that.
I lied, I like this game. :D
Damn, that hurts….so bad. I'm going to cry. I'm sobbing.
snacksize robs jeter. fudge. great play up the middle.
I love the camera close-up on Pedroia as he says "Let's fucking go" after the play.
OMG TEx IS A BUST
Sac bunt EPIC FAIL!
that really sux. now here comes the heart of the sox for the kill. that was the wrong time to blow a chance to score.
Fack Youk. Goodnight.
YOUKILIS ENDS IT WITH A BLAST OVER THE MONSTER!