In case anyone else is paying attention, these are just a few of the things that have happened this season:
- Stephen Strasburg struck out 14 and didn't walk a batter in his major league debut. His night ended at 94 pitches with 2 more innings to go. He struck out the last seven batters he faced. If he's allowed to pitch the next two innings, I say he ties the Clemens record.
- Jason Heyward is 20 years old and has mastered major league pitching. He's ridiculous.
- Three perfect games were pitched in a 4-week period.
- Cliff Lee has struck out 57 batters and walked 4 for a 14.25 k/bb ratio. I saw that one on Fangraphs.
- An umpire made a ridiculously awful call and America fell in love with him.
- Brett Gardner stole home against the Boston Red Sox in the first game of the season. The first game!!!
Not all seasons are created equal. This one has the makings of a great one.