Spies on Yawkey Way have enlightened us as to the source of the current friction in the Red Sox clubhouse. Apparently it’s more than just one incident, and our embedded batboy tells us the real stories behind the Sox’ discord:
- Jay Payton thrown off team jet following tantrum after request for kosher meal denied
- Keith Foulke tired of being overused during clubhouse Xbox Live sessions, hurts knee kicking power cord out of console
- Kevin Millar speaks, continues to exercise tiny brain
- Johnny Damon’s shampoo spiked with Nair in off hours, parking lot cameras capture black Escalade leaving premises. Video shows license plate identified as "G38ROX", Bush/Cheney stickers on bumper.
- Locker with "Sheffield" nameplate jokingly installed by clubhouse crew, entire team threatens walkout.
Let’s hope this all gets worked out during the All-Star break.