Sox fans, please use SF’s thread below to worry aloud about Josh Beckett’s imminent blister woes, Adam Stern’s Bubba Crosby imitation, David Riske’s gopheritis, the Sox’s disappointing loss to the Jays on home opening day. This post is here to further set the mood. It’s home opening day for our beloved teams! The season starts now (1010 WINS knows what’s going on)! What are bloggers and expert fans talking about on this momentous day. The 4th installment in the never-ending series reveals:
- Cliff Corcoran of Bronx Banter provides an in-depth preview of the team the Yankees will be playing the next few days. Sounds like the Royals are at a disadvantage.
- Cursed to First’s poet-in-residence counts the many ways she loves David Ortiz. It’s unusual for Theo and company to show loyalty to a player, so I understand Beth’s enthusiasm. Next year, will she pen a farewell haiku in honor of Trot Nixon, rightfielder for the L.A. Dodgers?
- Steve Lombardi of Was Watching attempts to project Big Papi’s performance over the next four years. It’s interesting that he doesn’t list Ortiz’s most obvious comp: Mo Vaughn. As a Yanks fan, I pray that Ortiz does not follow the great former Met’s career path.
- Red at Surviving Grady talks about the fun of Fenway opening days. As I said before, opening day will not be fun this year for Sox fans. Still, it’s a nice little piece.
- Work beckons, and I must head out. I’ll be looking at game channel and rooting the Yanks on. Enjoy the baseball.