Cliff Lee has signed with the Phillies, which means the Yanks have been eliminated from the postseason, and it's only December 14th.
Here are things Yankees fans can look forward to in 2011:
- Moral Victories: The juggernaut Red Sox come into Yankee Stadium and do not sweep the Yanks. That's a moral victory.
- Books: It's time to take a crack at Proust.
- Lower blood pressure. AJ Burnett gets ahead in a count 0-2. He then proceeds to throw 4 pitches in the dirt. A walk. Jeff Mathis is now on first base. The good news is you don't care. You didn't even notice.
- The New York Mets: Hilarious any day of the week, and they make you feel strangely better about yourself.
- Watching friends who are Sox fans care so much about other guys dressed up in ridiculous outfits swinging wooden sticks at balls: I mean, how funny is that? Those guys over there are screaming and getting all worked up and it's just a freaking game! Ha! I'm going to do something real, like run in a marathon or write a novel or a memoir about the time I rooted for a team that mattered and I felt something and even the lows felt good and I was involved and I cared so much, so very much. And now this! Oh, I can't stand it! Life was so good then…