We’re back from St. Louis, and what else is there to do but surf the web trolling for useless Red Sox/Yankees stuff. Today it’s "Fun with Amazon Rankings" time.
- 2004 Red Sox Boxed DVD Set, entire playoff run: ranked #3153 in DVD sales
- New York Yankees "Fall Classic" – 1996-2001 Playoff Box Set: ranked #7402 in DVD sales.
- "Idiot" – The Johnny Damon Story (in hardback) – ranked #205,579
- "Idiot" – The Johnny Damon Story (in softcover) – #525,334
- "Oh Say Can You Sing" – MLB stars rap and sing, 2CD set, featuring Coco Crisp’s hip-hop extravaganza "We Got that Thang": ranked #71,748 in music sales
- "The Journey Within" – Bernie Williams’ 1/2 price CD, a paean to the white man’s overbite: ranked #10,850 in music sales
- "Covering the Bases" – Bronson Arroyo’s lesson in why what you sing in the shower should never be put on tape – ranked #48,261 in music sales.
What can we learn from this? That the Red Sox’ playoff run may offer more compelling drama than the Yankees 1990s juggernaut, that people would much rather leave Damon’s ramblings at home, and that Coco, Bernie, and Bronson can all expect to eventually find their disc on sale at the same price point as this guy’s.